Researches have proven that if you eat nuts as part of a balanced diet helps your heart
Health benefits about eating nuts as a part of a healthy diet:
- Can lower the LDL, low-density lipoprotein or "bad," cholesterol level in their blood.
- Could reduce your risk of developing blood clots that can cause a heart attack.
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help your heart by preventing dangerous heart rhythms that can lead to heart attacks
- Fiber in nuts helps lower your cholesterol
- Fiber in nuts helps prevent diabetes
- Vitamin E in nuts may help stop the development of plaques in your arteries
- Nuts are tasty, portable and make great snacks.
- Fiber also makes you feel full so you will eat less
- Dried nuts are inexpensive and readily available.
- Nuts contain a lot of fat; as much as 80 percent of a nut is fat. Even though most of this fat is healthy, you are still consuming a lot of calories.
Go to http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nuts/HB00085 for articles by Mayo Clinic staff. This site also provides some nutrition information on common types of nuts
Namaste -- Cathi