What is pain?
- Pain is a message from your body telling you that something is wrong
- You feel pain both in the mind and in the body
What happens when you take pain killer drugs?
- By taking pain killer drugs, you artificially block the body’s normal pain response mechanism
What is the natural way to combat pain?
- Endorphins and encephalin are powerful natural occurring chemicals your body produces to help reduce the level of pain you experience
- Exercises, laughter, relaxation and meditations are known to stimulate the production of endorphins and encephalin
Why do you get severe back pain?
- Majority of back pain begin with muscular problems.
- Exception would be broken bones, fractured or dislocated spinal column
- Muscle imbalance can also cause severe back pain. Usually one side of your body has stronger muscles than the other side simply because you use these muscles more.
- The nervous system of your body that includes the brain sends messages that influence the health of your back.
Steps to take towards healthy back
- Good sitting, standing and lying on the floor postures
- Find out the cause of your pains and accept them.
- Be aware of referral pains
- Don’t worry, relax about your pain
- Deal with your pain in small dosages
Exercises to help to reduce and in some cases become pain free
- Total body stretches
- Develop flexibility
- Strengthening abdominal muscles
- Strengthening muscles in your buttocks
- Stretching and strengthening leg muscles
- Stretching and strengthening muscles on your sides
- Stretching and strengthening shoulder, neck and arm muscles
Namaste -- Cathi